So, after a holiday hiatus, where my time has been spent trying to line up others to do the serious work on Ruy, I spent this evening cleaning up the obvious signs of rotten metal around the body.
It was an interesting experience, uncovering a large amount of silicon/rubber filler between heater channel and passenger side inner front wing.
I also found some Brucey bonus items on the conveyorbelt/in the gap where the front heater pipe splitters go, as you can see below!
By the time September comes around, I hope to have both the chassis and body with Mid-Norfolk Car Company and the gearbox with a helpful ex-VW mechanic in Wisbech.
Unfortunately, exam season is just around the corner for me, so I doubt I will now meet my early July deadline for completion.