It would appear I have been a little lacking in updates since July. This is not to say that work hasn’t been progressing- it has!
Firstly, I popped back over to see Paul to try and fit the pedal assembly and the seats, to see how the re-welded floor was holding up. Oh yes – in case I didn’t mention that, the floor plans didn’t appear to be as “top quality” as they were made out to be, and needed cutting down to size a little. An additional expense but essential!
So, with the floors tacked back in, I was able to fit the assembly easily and Paul fettled the seat runners to give a smooth and less wobbly fit!
Whilst that was going on, I took all the rear suspension parts and towbar to Johnsons Ironworks in Terrington St. Clement (a recommendation from Lee Green in Splitterz) for blasting and powder coating. A couple of week ago I was able to pick them up. I am sure you will agree, they look very shiny!!