Whilst this is the first update since October, work has continued apace, with Ruy starting to look much better and almost back to his former glory.
Paul has been working wonders on the body work as you can see from the photos below. Aside from a set of doors (which are almost impossible to find anywhere in good condition) the body is ready for painting.
I collected the chassis a few weeks ago and then sent it up to Johnsons for blasting, zinc priming and them powder coating (there is a tale to tell about that trip dear readers but that is for another time). The results are fantastic and I am really pleased.
Now I have the chassis back I can start the rebuild in earnest in the New Year! It feels like I have turned a corner and Ruy will be back soon!